07 October 2014

Ouran High School Host Club Review

Title: Ouran High School Host Club
Genre: School, Comedy
Episodes: 11
Broadcast date: 2011-Jul to 2011-Sep
Cast: Kawaguchi Haruna, Yamamoto Yusuke, Daito Shunsuke, Nakamura Masaya, Chiba Yudai, Takagi Shinpei and Takagi Manpei.

Ouran High School: One of the few schools elite schools in Japan for children of the wealthy.
Fujioka Haruhi (Kawaguchi Haruna) is a bright student being awarded a scholarship for Ouran High School. Even though she only focuses on school and homework, everyone around her is wealthy beyond measure.  One day, while looking for a place to study, she enters the schools Host Club, and due to her clumsiness drops an 800 mil yen vase. This forces her to pay off the host club lead by Suou Tamaki (Yamamoto Yusuke), a bit of an airhead with no worries at all. He offers her a job as a host unaware that she in fact is a girl, but due to her poor status she has no other option but accept, and keep it a secret from the rest of the school…

I really don’t know what I was expecting while watching this. I mean yeah kind of sound silly, but it really is ridiculous, and yes even for  a Japanese drama it goes on to be just absurd. But funny enough, they grow on you. I don’t know if it is because the cast is likeable or just that the story is so innocent, but they really become bearable to watch, if you understand what I mean…
I won’t talk anymore because I have no idea what to say: it’s either going to be critique or blabbering about the similarity to MANGA.  And I think my ratings speak for themselves..

☆☆½ / 2½ out of 5 stars

♥♥♥ / 3 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment