30 May 2012

Lucky Seven Review

Title: Lucky Seven
Genre: Detective, comedy
Episodes: 10
Broadcast period: 2012-Jan-16 to 2012-Mar-19
Cast: Matsumoto Jun, Eita, Naka Riisa, Kadono Takuzo, Tanihara Shosuke, Fukiisho Kazue and Kaneda Akio.


The story revolves around a group of seven detectives in the detective agency “Lucky”. Tokita Shuntaro (Matsumoto Jun) is an unemployed part-timer (freeter) that doesn’t have any interests in work, and he’s a playboy whose M.O is older married women.  When he one day leaves the hotel with his lover a group of detectives try to get a picture of him and her. Sometime later the lover calls Shuntaro and explains to him that she can’t meet him because they go busted. Shuntaro happens to see a man he had met at the hotel at that exact time again, connects dots, starts running after him, and follows him to Lucky Detective Agency. There he finds out that the man he had run after is Nitta Teru (Eita), and that he can’t beat him in fighting. On the other hand, the boss Kirihara Yuki (Fukiishi Kazue) finds an interest in the ‘active’ Shuntaro and decides to scout him.

Okay first things first, this is probably the only drama ever that has such awesome fighting scenes! It beats ALL I’ve ever seen! I was a bit worried if Jun would make weird faces (which usually happens because of his face being, well special), but he looked pretty professional! Eita was just cool, he always is, and he didn’t let me down. The Jun and Eita pair was the best part of the drama, so good together, just a bit sad that they only were together for a few episodes… I loved the way the seven detectives (or should I say six most of the time) were together, really cozy somehow. I have to admit I was disappointed about the Eita part, like I said before, Lucky Six.. And another thing bothered me… The entire sensual tension between the boss and Jun, even though it wasn’t romantic or anything, it felt like they would start to make out the moment the talked to one another. But that was the boss’ character I think, like sensual in her own annoying way.. Didn’t even look or act much like a boss.. Anyway.. A good one, wasn’t that bored, only after episode six, it became ‘loose’, like not following the a real storyline, even though they tried to suspense it with the mentioning of the boss’ father’s case, didn’t really work for me…

☆☆☆☆ / 4 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥½ / 3½ out of 5 hearts

Jenji's verdict  
Really it wasnt bad, but not favorite either. I didnt have a hard time watching it, it was really okay, but only average for me. Even though I'm really fan of Jun and Eita, it wasnt "waaah!!". But thats how I felt, the drama is well-made, but not really anything extraordinary, nothing we havent seen hundreds of times before.  Jun's acting was very fine and Eita is really good ! Off camera he is so awkward I was really surprised to see that so he must be a real good actor. And I actually liked the relationship between him and jun in the drama. It was those people that annoyed one another who became best friends, always fun watching them "fight". The rest of the detectives I felt were too much in the background, but that might just be me. In the end I felt it was becoming a bit hard to finish. I think it was just a bit too weird though I liked the last episode (or second last, I dont remember). Sorry, but..


☆☆☆½ / 3½ out of 5 stars

♥♥♥½ / 3½ out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment