07 July 2018

Mystery Queen Review

Title: Mystery Queen 2
AKA: Queen of Mystery 2
Genre: Mystery, Comedy, Romance
Episodes: 16
Broadcast period: 2018-Feb to 2018-Apr
Cast: Choi Kang Hee, Kwong Sang Woo, Lee Da Hee and Park Byung Eun.

This drama continues where the last left off.
Yoo Seol Ok (Choi Kang Hee) got divorced from her prosecutor husband, and now lives with her best friend Kim Kyung Min (Kim Hyun Sook). The two are both trying to get into the police academy, though Seol Ok still helps Ha Wan Seung (Kwong Sang Woo) with cases during her free time. Unfortunately, Seol Ok isn’t able to make the cut for the academy, even though Kyung Min does. And while trying to study and/or find places to do so, she gets involved in several cases - which she, with Wan Seung, tries t solve.
During a case they encounter Jung Hee Yeon (Lee Da Hee), who runs several cake shops around Seoul. Though her personality is nice and very likeable, there seems to be a deeper truth behind her interest in Wan Sung... 

After watching season one, I was intrigued to watch this season, since I felt the previous one had been lacking a lot of different things. I like that they tried to make the love story of these two with a sense of humor, unfortunately that became boring half way through, and I lost interest. Even the “jealousy” parts were boring, though I admit, I laughed at them. I like that we were introduced to the families of the characters, and I like that they added new characters that recurred. Though the main story was boring - the thing with Wan Seungs past - the small stories were alright. Truth be told, this drama isn’t memorable. It has funny moments, but fails, if you ask me, in the serious parts, and has a bad story line.
My verdict is the same as I mentioned in the first season: this drama is okay, with decent acting.

☆☆☆½ / 3½ out of 5 stars

♥♥♥ / 3 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment