10 August 2013

I Hear Your Voice Review

Title: I Hear Your Voice
AKA: I Can Hear Your Voice
Genre: romance, fantasy, comedy, thriller, crime, mystery
Episodes: 18
Broadcast period: 2013-Jun-05 to 2013-Aug-01
Cast: Lee Bo Young, Kim So Hyun, Lee Jong Suk, Goo Seung Hyun, Yoon Sang Hyun, Lee Da Hee, Jung Min Ah, Yoon Joo Sang, Kim Kwang Gyu, Choi Sung Joon, Jung Dong Hwan, Choi Dae Sung, Kim Hae Sook, Jung Woong In, Kim Ga Eun, Kim Byung Ok . . .

Park Soo Ha (Lee Jong Suk) experienced a tragedy as a child (Goo Seung Hyun), his father was murdered in front of his eyes, and because of the shock he couldn't talk in front of the court but that might not have helped anyway because he was underaged, and to make it even worse he said he could read people's minds, thus his testimony was seen as untrustworthy. However, right before the murderer Min Joon Guk (Jung Woong In) could be set free, an eyewitness showed up, the young girl Jang Hye Sung (Lee Bo Young / Kim So Hyun) stepped up infront of the court and claimed she had a photo on her mobile which showed Min Joon Guk murdering Park Soo Ha's father, which triggered an explosive reaction from Joon Guk who started attacking Jang Hye Sung, treathening to kill her as soon as he comes out of prison. More than 10 years pass, the release of Joon Guk is near and Park Soo Ha is looking for Jang Hye Sung, who is now an attourney, to keep his promise of protecting her. But Hye Sung is slowly falling for another guy, the kindhearted attourney Cha (Yoon Sang Hyun), who would do almost anything to protect Hye Sung himself.

This drama is quite weird, why? because it's not ecxiting, but you still keep watching, possibly because of Jong Suk.. ehm.. well  honestly the "read your mind through your eyes" part does not make much sense, or at least it isnt thought through. But I guess that might not be the point. The drama was not made the best, the story is alright, for me it's new, a different storyline and the message is great too "An eye for and eye, a tooth for a tooth, and the whole world would be handicapped" a great message. As well as watching the public defenders and prosecutors with their struggles when they have no choice but to take a case and fight for it as if they believe in it. They showed it well but they also showed really rare goodness with attourney Cha and his belief in good. He is almost too good. A great imagine to youngsters (lol im saying this). But yeah again, its not bad at all but isnt the superexciting drama that keeps you in your chair either. which makes it a bit hard to rate.. but the message definitely brings up the rating :P

☆☆☆☆/ 4 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥½ / 3½ out of 5 hearts

Bunjis Verdict
Hmm, okay first of all I was not expecting much after I read Jenjis review, and  thank God for that, because I enjoyed it more than I would if I had expectations. For me the biggest hindrance for this drama was that I had the Lee Jong Suk image I had from School 2013, which made me unable to even see him in a school uniform without me hyperventilating. After calming down, and managing to pull through the first 8 episodes, my heart broke and I again was not able to watch it. I was sure I wouldn’t be able to watch it, but was told that I shouldn’t worry too much, so I continued, and surprisingly I fell for this drama. To the point of wanting the person I love to be able to read my mind.. *sigh*I have been trying to single out any mistakes, but I seriously loved this, even the trials - which by the way was so damn commercial. I didn’t mind any of it since the story would be great, and the puzzles, no matter how ridiculous, would make an awesome piece.
The reason it’s a 4/4 rating is not that it is bad, or that it isn’t a favorite, because I believe everyone should watch this. The reason is simply that comparing it to all other dramas, it just seems typical and long.
So, recommendable? Yes.

☆☆☆☆ / 4 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥♥ / 4 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment