29 July 2011

Hi My Sweetheart Review

Title: Hi My Sweetheart
AKA: Playboy and Sweetheart / Shanghai Sweetheart
Genre: Comedy, Romanance
Episodes: 14
Broadcast period: 2010-Nov to 2011-Jan
Opening theme song: Head Over Heels in Love by Show Lo
Ending theme song: Rain Love by Rainie Yang
Cast: Show Lo, Rainie Yang and Lee Wei.

Hsueh Hai (Show Lo) has been raised in a somewhat plastic ball all his life; he gets dressed by maids, never does anything himself, never ridden a bus before, never had friends nor girlfriends, basically over-protected. That has made him childish, naive and weak on self-esteem. When he one day is to leave for a new school (mainly to get away from his over-protective sister who has raised him after his parents death), his sister follows him, to make sure he gets there, much to his displease since he wants to get away from his family. At the airport he undirectly meets Chen Bao Chu (Rainie Yang) when she returns his boarding pass, after he dropped it, to the desk office, and leaving a post it saying 'stupied'.
When they meet second time, both not knowing it's the other and after Hsueh Hai changes his name to 'Lin Da Lung' (his sisters idea, so he wont get kidnapped since they are so rich), Hsueh Hai now Da Lung finds out she is a tough girl no one likes, but as naive as he is, he tries to help her, making Bao Chu interested in him, which leads to their bumpy relationship...

OMG, I just needed this kind of drama. It was real fun, made my day, I've become a huge fan of Show Lo, yes I used to like him, but this made me totally fall for him, daiim he's hot! hehe..
This drama has almost ALL drama clicheés: the accidentel first meeting, the bumping heads, the short romance, the misunderstanding, the revenge, the 'patch-up', the second misunderstanding, the life-threatining saviour, the amisia and not to mention the 'trying-to-get-the-memories-back'. Beside the massive stereotypes, I've come to enjoy this, may be because of the interesting new side of love, okay, yeah it's that 'I want to die for you' / 'I can't live without you', but it's pretty fresh, with the meanie and the dork : P
Heck, I even liked Raninie Yang here, LOL, and I swear that I saw some of Mike He's acting characteristics in her! hahaah...
Summing up:

☆☆☆½ / 3½ out of 5 stars

♥♥♥♥ / 4 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment