06 August 2010

Sunao Ni Narenakute Review

Titel: Sunao Ni Narenakute
Tagline: Hard to say I love you
Genre: Romance, Friendship
Episodes: 11
Broadcast period: 2010-Apr to 2010-Jun
Theme song: Hard to say I love you ~Ii Dasenakute~ by WEAVER
Cast: Eita, Ueno Juri, Tamayama Tetsuji, Hero JaeJoong and Seki Megumi.

This drama is about five people; “Nakaji” - Nakajima Keisuke (Eita), “Haru” - Mizuno Tsukiko (Ueno Juri), “Linda” - Ichihara Kaoru (Tamayama Tetsuji), “Doctor” – Park Seon Su (Kim Jae Joong) and “Peach” – Nishimuri Hikari (Seki Megumi), who happen to meet over Twitter. The five of them have each different issue to deal with but one thing in common; none of them have real friends. Nakaji is a photographer who does his work half-assed and has an affair with a married woman, Haru is a substitute teacher, who simply can’t seem to achieve her dream, Linda is a magazine editor who has a relationship with his boss, Doctor is a salary man who sells medical supplies, and Peach is lonely girl who becomes pregnant with a married man.
The story follows their lives after they meet and become friends...

I can’t really decide on this one. I loved the theme and the beginning of this drama, the confusion, the loneliness and not to mention the different characters, but the drama becomes dragged after a couple of episodes. I think it’s around episode 8, everything becomes... Well, ridiculous.
I adore the main couple, it’s like superb, but if you don’t make any romantic scenes with them, the chemistry fails. I mean if you put super-couple(Last Friends giants) such as Ueno Juri and Eita in the lead, you would expect some more, and having Hero JaeJoong as the supporting actor couldn’t be better, but his character just becomes unnecessary. And the final long awaited scene comes, it just looses credibility, to be honest I didn’t even believe the lead actress liked the lead actor in the end.
The storyline is okay, I mean the whole twitter thing; like my brother says, “The-wish-of-Mr.Lonely”. But it’s true; I mean all five have lonely lives, until they meet.
Then again, I’m not fond of these dramas, these real life dramas. But if you liked Akai Ito and Last Friends, this would be a good watch.

☆☆☆☆/ 4 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥♥½ / 4½ out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment