13 February 2012

S.I.U Movie Review

Title: S.I.U
AKA: Special Investigation Unit
Genre: Police, Crime
Origin: Korea
Release date: 24 November 2011
Cast: Uhm Tae Woong and Joo Won

Kim Sung Beom (Uhm Tae Woong) is an old fashioned police officer who believes in the old values of police work, such as having ‘a firm hand’ towards criminals. When a fellow police officer is brutally killed, burned in a car with 200g of meth found on him, the case leads to confusion of whether or not he was a corrupt police officer. So a special investigation unit is formed. A young FBI agent Kim Ho Ryong (Joo Won), with a master degree in profiling, is called to join, which lights sparks between him and Sung Beom. The two become partners, but evidence makes them loose faith in one another; Ho Ryong distrusting their team captain and Sung Beom suspecting Ho Ryong.
The case however becomes more and more complicated and leads the team to surprising results, not only revealing long time corruption, but also shines light on the forgotten past…

It’s an entertaining movie, just not superb. I remember wanting to watch it because of Uhm Tae Woong (yep, 2 days & 1 night fan here), and he defiantly is worth it. But seriously, the only this I remember, while watching, is repeating “damn Joo Won’s hot”, at least 10 times. The two as a duo is pretty cool as well, on the other hand, the storyline is a bit ‘thin’ and predictable. The cast is good and all; it’s just that the movie doesn’t make them justice. If you are considering this movie, I would say go for it, it’s pretty okay : )

☆☆☆½ / 3½ out of 5 stars

♥♥♥½ / 3½ out of 5 hearts

Jenji's verdict
This is actually a quite good action movie, but seriously, am I the only one who was reeaally confused? I couldnt really get half of the problems or when they were solving it... I mean, I am not like Bunji and cant really predict it.And the actors were confused and I was even more confused. And a few times I was actually surprised because I was thinking "yeah right of course he wont shoot he is the good guy" but then they do and I'm like, what is going on, its not supposed to be this way!!, well it is about corruption and you never know who the real bad guy is. So it was quite fine, but seriously not the best. The actors did a good job as well. Uhm Tae Woong is quite good, I always pictured him really awkward and timid because of 2day and 1night, when he first came.

☆☆☆ / 3 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥ / 3 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment