23 February 2011

My Lovely Kim Sam Soon Review

Title: My Lovely Kim Sam Soon
AKA: My Name is Kim Sam-Soon
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 16
Broadcast period: 2005-Jun to 2005-Jul
Cast:Kim Sun Ah, Hyun Bin, Jung Ryu Won and Daniel Henney.

Kim Sam Soon (Kim Sun Ah) is having the worst week in her life, so to say;
She finds her boyfriend, cheating on her on Christmas Eve, not alone that; he even breaks up with her, making her feel that it is her fault. While running into a bathroom, crying out her eyes, she is interrupted by a knock on the bathroom door. Frustrated she yells back and bleeps the door open, but is surprised to see a man in front of her. Hyun Jin Hun (Hyun Bin) is, on the outside, a cold and arrogant owner of a restaurant, but is quite the opposite on the inside. He informs her that she is in a male bathroom and she runs out of the hotel in embarrassment.
As Sam Soon is looking for a job, she has a cooking degree, once again stumbles upon Jin Hyun, of course not without embarrassing herself, they bump heads and he by accident tastes her homemade cake. By pure coincident he needs a baker for his restaurant, and who better than job-less but talented Kim Sam Soon?

For an old and outdated drama, this is definitely a classic. Yes, the camera man should be shot, but I think that was popular in the early year of 2000, or the late 90s. Anyhow, the dialogues, scenes and not to mention the love story are brilliant, and I’m surprised to say that after the first 8 episodes I was clueless about what was going to happen. It had a lot of my favourite things; contract-relationship, one-guy-two-girls-dilemma and deeply-hurt-guy. And I was happy to see that the supporting actor didn’t fall in love with the lead actress, lol, even I fell in love with her, even though he IS chubby and old.
Hyun Bin I love, my favourite actor, Kim Sun Ah I don’t know, but even her screeching voice was fun! All in all a Kdrama Classic…

☆☆☆☆ / 4 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥♥ / 4 of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment