24 April 2019

Voice 2 (Kdrama) review

Title: Voice 2
Genre: Mystery, Crime, Police, Action
Episodes: 12
Broadcast period: 2018-Aug to 2018-Sept
Cast: Lee Ha Na, Lee Jin Wook, Kwon Yool, Son Eun Seo and An Se Ha

This is the second season of Voice.
After Moo Jin Hyuk (Jang Hyuk) leaves to take care of his child, Kang Kwon Joo (Lee Ha Na) is left alone to deal with the Emergency Call Center. That changes when she encounters detective Do Kang Woo (Lee Jin Wook) who she meets when her Team Leader is found dead and allegedly responsible for murder. They both are familiar with him and both show up at the crime scene, but Kwon Joo soon realizes that Kang Woo has ulterior motives, when he tries to take something from the scene. It is revealed that Kang Woo had been suspended before and is suspected to have killed his partner. Due to his rigid personality, he doesn’t deny, but claims that he looks for the real killer.
The two, start investigating the death and after a few occurrences, the two of them end up working together as there seems to be someone pulling string from behind the scenes…

Okay, so I was a huge fan of the first season, because of the many side stories - like each episode had an individual story. There was a main one too, but it didn’t overshadow the side plots. This one did. I cannot remember the side stories - like at all. I know it is common for Korean dramas to do that, but I really felt disappointed. Its not a bad story, and the focus on the main story doesn’t ruin it, but it felt like every other kdrama, instead of the drama I fell in love with. It’s a good drama with great suspense and storytelling, and I did like it, but I kind of wanted more of the original. But its fine…
The duo was okay, I mean I like Jang Hyuk, but Lee Jin Wook is good too. So, I cannot complain.
All in all, a decent second season.

☆☆☆☆ / 4 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥♥ / 4 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment