12 July 2018

Aibou Season 11 Review

Title: Aibou Season 11
AKA: Partner Season 11
Genre: Action, Crime, Police
Broadcast period: 2012-Oct to 2013-Mar
Cast: Mizutani Yukata and Narimiya Hiroki.

This is the 11th season of the popular Japanese drama “Partners”.
While staying in China with his girlfriend Kai Toru (Narimiya Hiroki) is contemplating about a visit he had made to the Japanese ambassador, where a death had occurred. He runs into Sugishita Ukyo (Mizutani Yukata), who introduces himself as a police officer, and so does Toru. Though Toru finds him annoying, his attention shifts to another man he had met at the ambassador’s house. He confronts him, much to Sugishita’s interest, and notices that there seems to be much more about the case, than your regular death.
After arriving in japan, Ukyo finds out that Toru is the son of the Deputy Commissioner, though the Deputy Commissioner refuses to acknowledge Toru and/or his position as a police officer. Due to his odd and curious nature Sugishita decides to ask Toru more about the case in China, and the two unknowingly become partners while investigating the case…

I’ve been having this drama on my computer for some time now, as I was hoping the other 10 seasons would have subs, so I could watch them before this one. Unfortunately, as many other older Japanese dramas, this will not be the case. So, I decided to start it, and I did feel as if I missed a whole lot of the backstory. I really felt there was something I did not understand, or that I was missing something that was supposed to make fans go “aha!” or something like that. But I guess I’ll never find out.
That said, this drama is really great. I found it interesting and equal to the American crime tv shows. Of course, this was very Japanese, but that did not make it bad. Unless you prefer the American version that is.
I enjoyed the comedy, and I enjoyed the contrasting partnership. But sometimes I did scratch my head, as in I wondered how and why thing happen. Also, the solving part was confusing, but you would get used to it later on.
All in all, a nice time pass, and interesting cop drama.

☆☆☆☆ / 4 out of stars

♥♥♥½ / 3½ out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment