20 February 2012

Penny Pinchers Movie Revew

Title: Penny Pinchers
AKA: Love and Cash
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Origin: Korea
Release date: 10 November 2011
Cast: Song Joong Ki and Han Ye Seul.

Ji Woong (Song Joong Ki) is somewhat a bum; can’t get a job and uses all his money for useless things. When his tenant throws him out, he is left now without house and money. His neighbor Hong Sil (Han Ye Seul) lives life squeezing every single penny out of everything; collects empty bottles, sells trash, saves coupons, eats once a day etc. When she finds a way to make lots of money, she takes the opportunity and it ends with Ji Woong losing his home. When her crush (a guy working in a bank or something like that) gives her an idea to open another account and make someone earn it, then later take the money, she instantly thinks of Ji Woong. She tricks him by telling him that she’ll help him and lets him stay on her property in a tent.
The two eventually become closer and start to have a mutual understanding..

This movie showed me that Joong Ki is a real actor, and not the typical ‘prince feel’. God he was gross, like seriously. His character was like THE bum of all bums, and such an lazy ass! BUT, that only shows how great of an actor he is! :) Ye Seul I only know from her drama, and I gotta say, she was ok. Nothing huge: her character is very typical, so nothing much to say…
The movie is a bit boring, not really that interesting. If you want to watch it, watch it because of Joong Ki (BEWARE: surprising scenes – adult kind). On the other hand, not so romantic, BUT its crying out loud funny! Omg, real funny!!

☆☆☆ / 3 out of 5 stars

♥♥ / 2 out of 5 hearts

Jenji's verdict 
What the heck.. I mean.. where is Joong ki the prince, the flower boy..? what is going on? omg eww! oh no! what? seriously? ... my thoughts through the movie. Like I was so disgusted and a whole lot of things.. I really couldnt get it because I'm seriously not used to seeing him like this. I mean the movie itself is really not bad, I wasnt that bored, it was a bit interesting.. but only if I leave out some scenes.. It's actually a really adult movie. Which I didnt expect. I didnt like it THAT much, I wont recommend it to just anybody.. Actually I dont know who to recommend it to. What kind of types really like this kind of movie.. Not even Joong ki's fans might actually really like it. Okay it might sound like Im hating on this movie. I'm not.. rreally. I just cant decide whether to like it or not. I liked the story, the concept. But then again I didnt completely like the movie. So really unless you wanna see Joong ki's great weird acting, it might not be your cup of tea.

☆☆☆ / 3 out of 5 stars

♥♥½ / 2½ out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment