02 February 2010

Hello My Teacher Review

Titel: Hello My Teacher
AKA: Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy
Genre: School, Romance
Episodes: 16
Broadcast Period: 2005-04-13 to 2005-06-02
Cast: Gong Hyo Jin, Gong Yoo, Kim Da Hyun, Choi Yeo Jin and many more..

This drama is about a Na Bo Ri (Gong Hyo Jin), a woman who, as a student, was thrown out of school because she beat up some people. She returns to the same school, as a teacher, mainly because of her ex-teacher, Ji Hyun Woo (Kim Da Hyun), still works there, and whom she had loved every since she saw him. Little does she know, the 'leader' of the school, or best fighter so to say, Park Tae In (Gong Yoo), is a troublemaker, who seems to find an interess in the her.
He starts to like her, and refuses to go to school, or behave to say at least, unless she becomes their classoom teacher. The priciple happens to be his stepmother, and she then hires Bo Ri to be the "watch-dog" for Tae In.
Tae In falls in love with Bo Ri, which is seen as an eyesore by Noh Jem Ma (Choi Yeo Jin), who is the classmate of Tae In, and a leader in a way. She has since forever loved Tae In. She tries to make school life for Bo Ri a living hell. Bo Ri starts a relationship with Hyun Woo, but as it turns out, Hyun Woo has a fiancé. And it becomes a fight for Bo Ri's heart...

This drama took me forever to watch.. Firstly I didn't remember the homepage it was on, then the drama links were broken, then I didn't know where to download it. I remember when I started it, that I didnt like it. I hate "Teacher-Student-Love-Affairs", but I ended up liking the drama. I think I would've loved it, if I didnt resent the fact that the teacher was older and a teacher.. Just doesnt fit in my head. But the big plusses in this drama is the great acting, from Gong Yoo, who portrais the troublemaker Tae In with ease, and it looks natural on him. I liked the realtionship he developes with Jem Ma, and the fact that he understands what love it. I loved his personality, which is a double + in this one. The last star is purely because of the story; no one would or will accept a "older-woman-young-guy-relationship" nor a "teacher-student-affair", I actually found myself being one of those who dont accept them. But this story made me understand, that it is simply two people who love each other, the school is just the place they happend to fall in love.. All in all, if you have nothing else to do, or like "forbidden love dramas" this is a good watch..

☆☆☆ / 3 out of 5

♥♥½ / 2 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment