04 May 2010

Pride Review

Title: Pride
Genre: Sports, Romance
Episodes: 11
Broadcast period: 2004-Jan to 2004-Mar
Theme song: I was born to love you by Queen
Cast: Kimura Takuya, Takeuchi Yuko, Sakaguchi Kenji, Ichikawa Somegoro, Nakagoshi Noriko and Megumi.

This story revolves around Halu (Kimura Takuya), a professional ice-hockey player with a "playa" attitude. He believes that women are "pieces", in a game, and doesn't believe in love due to some sort of mother complex.
He meets Aki (Takeuchi Yuko), a typical OL (office lady), who has been waiting for her boyfriend to return from America. Due to a promise she made with him, she doesn't want to have any relationships, eventhough she has not heard from the boyfriend for 2 years.
The two of them meet, become friends, but as they feel more and more comfortable with one another, they decide to make a game. The rules are simple: they date, more as a emotional help, where Halu is Aki's "Replacement Lover" and Aki is Halu's "Mama". But matters become confusing as they start to fall for one another, and Aki's boyfriend returns to Japan..

First things first, I have fallen in love with Kimura Takuya. Second, this drama is absolutly amazing - acted by him! Lols, yeah the drama was good also :P The simple "i love you" isn't enough apperently, it goes all the way to the ice-hockey feild, or stage, or whatever it was called. I haven't watched many of Kimura's dramas, actually only one, but he is TOTALLY a johnney, and I can see where alot of his koihei's are getting their inspiration from. I saw Yamapi, Jin and Kame in him! I also liked the way the women were potraid in this drama, even tough I don't like OL's and "kyaa kyaa" girls. But they were pretty cool, expecially her friend Chika.. Sugee Onna! All in all, amazing actor and superb storyline + lovestory.

☆☆☆☆½ / 4,5 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥♥ / 4 out of 5 hearts

Jenji's verdict
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
F-A-V-O-R-I-T-E!!!!! I absolutely looooooooveeedd itt!!! Omg I cant believe it,, Its just perfect I got absolutely nothing bad to say about this drama. It was simply perfect.. I mean.. kimura was great!!.. gaaah and the character he plays.. I mean that attitude.. Oh my GOD!! I loved every little detail about it. SUBARASHI!! And ive broken my record. I have never watched a drama this fast. EVER. Ask Bunji I cant watch a lot at the time. I either fall asleep or lose interest really fast so I always got to take breaks. But this one.. uffff…. The feeling it gave.. I just cant explain. And I didn’t knw kimura is such a good actor. I mean ive only watched one of his drama’s before .. Johney’s neee…
Must be

☆☆☆☆☆/5 out of 5 stars!!

♥♥♥♥♥/ 5 out of 5 hearts!!! strike!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i know right, this drama is on the top for me too, both the leads are great. i never get bored of rewatching it again and again.

http://dramaviews.blogspot.com

Post a Comment