30 July 2011

JIN 2 Review

Title: Jin 2
Genre: Sci-fi, medical, time-slip
Episodes: 10 (ep 10 in 2 parts)
Broadcast period: 2011-Apr to 2011-Jun
Cast: Osawa Takao, Ayase Haruka, Koide Keisuke, Nakatani Miki, Uchino Masaaki and Saburi Kenta.

Two years have passed, and Mikata Jin (Osawa Takao) is still stuck in the Edo period, not knowing how to return home. The Jinyu-do is progressing their penicillin manufacturing and people are starting to have more and more faith in his capabilities, now the question is, WHY has he been sent back and CAN he really change history? Ryoma has started his movement against the Tokugawa Shogunate, which is worrying Jin, and the fact that Ryoma’s assassination is closing by isn’t really helping the case. His relationship with Saki (Ayase Haruka) gets more interesting, and the medical world around him is starting to see the Jinyu-do as an eye sore.

One word: Epic! Woaah, I seriously got chills while watching th first few episodes, and as the assassination was to happen I was getting more and more nervous (mainly because I wanted to see who killed Sakamoto Ryoma, since we don't really know in real life). I loved the aftermath too, the entire why did this happen, and this. On the other hand, it was getting REALLY confusing! I think it was because I'm not Japanese, so I wasn't really getting it all, like you would if you had it in school. But on the other hand, it really is neat. Totally me, also because I LOVE history, especially Japanese history. Don't take it wrongly; it's good even if you aren't a history freak like me. The acting, cast and not to mention the amazing storyline is phenomenal.. definatly a worth watch, highly recommended..

☆☆☆☆½ / 4½ out of 5 stars

♥♥♥♥½ / 4½ out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment