28 October 2011

Protect The Boss Review

Title: Protect The Boss
Genre: Romance, comedy
Episodes: 18
Broadcast period: 2011-Aug to 2011-Sep
Cast: Ji Sung, Choi Kang Hee, Hero Jaejoong and Wang Ji Hye.

No Eun Seol (Choi Kang Hee) used to be a punk as a kid, which concluded in her having bad grades, joining a 3rd rate college, and in the end, a bad education. But that doesn’t bring her spirit down; she uses all her efforts in getting a job, which doesn’t get further than the job-interviews. One day she manages to get a job, but unfortunately not a clean one. As she rebels against her pig-of-a-boss, she bumps into Cha Ji Heon (Ji Sung) in the hallway, and involves him in a fight.
Ji Heon is a chaebol of one of the biggest co-operations, he is different than the usual chaebol; he’s lazy, a clean-freak, is childish and not to mention useless, so it seems. His father finds out about the fight, finds the people that were involved (except Eun Seol), gets busted and ends up doing community services. To make things worse, his sister-in-law, from his late brother and the mother of Ji Heon’s rival and cousin, Cha Moo Won (Hero JaeJoong), tries with all her might to make Moo Won the successor.
At Eun Seol’s new job-interview, in Ji Heon’s company, Moo Won finds an interest in her and makes her Ji Heon’s new secretary…

Okay, first of all, this is somewhat THE funniest drama I’ve seen in a LONG time; I mean how can something so childish and crazy be so sweet and funny?! GOD, I loved it! Enjoyed all of it!
That said, I have to admit 18 eps is just too long, I think they could easily have made it 16, by not adding the break up and just jumping forward in time. Anyhow, the drama is neat, defiantly one of the good ones, and like most of my watches, I rooted for the lead couple, but honestly I wanted more of the supporting couple, believe it or not I really really liked that girl! Of course my prince Jae Joong, who made me fall head over heels for him, had stuff to do with it, made it so nice..
Ji Sung is AMAZING, didn’t even realize he was the guy from ‘Save The Last Dance For Me’.
On the other hand, the drama does get heavy. It’s a real roller-coaster, by laughing your lungs out, to feeling that knot in your chest, and it just gets complicated..

☆☆☆☆ / 4 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥♥½ / 4½ out of 5 hearts

Jenji's verdict
One of the funniest korean dramas I think, it was REALLY funny, it had all those crazy funny moments which was mostly the reason why I liked it. I agree with Bunji that 18 episodes was too long and I even stopped watching at some point because it was getting too much. But then again when I started it was fun, really fun and it was nice seeing both couples and even though also that it wasn’t really one of those “who to chose/who do I really love” dramas, it was at the beginning but that is solved pretty nicely fast (does it make sense -.-“). At first I couldn’t stand the actress Wang Ji Hye I think because i’ve only seen her in those Bitch/mean girl characters but here I actually started liking her hihih. I enjoyed watching it and the acting was good too I think. Really nice, relaxing fun drama. And maaaaan!, Ji Sung was sooo good here too. His character too I loved it! Plus Jaejoong, Fangirling! Hahha.


☆☆☆☆ / 4 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥♥ / 4 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment