04 May 2014

Iryu 3 Review

Title: Iryu 3
AKA: Dragon Medical Team 3 / Dragon Team 3
Genre: Medical
Episodes: 10
Broadcast period: 2010-Oct to 2010-Dec
Cast: Sakaguchi Kenji, Inamori Izumi, Abe Sadao, Koike Teppei and Endo Kenichi.

When Meishii University Hospital once again is on the verge of ruin with a lack of good doctors and bright interns, a new president is announced. The new president is the former Professor Kitou (Natsuki Mari) who decides to reformate the hospital with good doctors and a better management plan. She calls upon the best doctors in order to recover the reputation of the hospital, and those are no other than the previous Team Dragon members Dr. Asada (Sakaguchi Kenjji), Dr. Kato (Inamori Izumi) and Dr. Fujiyoshi (Sasaki Kuranosuke). Trying to revive Team Dragon she reinstates Dr. Noguchi (Kishibe Ittoku) much to others displease, especially since he brings another doctor Dr. Kuroki (Endo Kenichi) to the hospital who introduces the new catheters which threatens the cardiology surgeons in losing their work - making heart surgery less popular amongst patients..

I sort of feel these seasons are like a repeat of one another with the difference of it being newer in terms of medical equipment. I have to admit what they are trying to do in every season by portraying the team dragon as a ‘super’ team has affected me, where I honestly root for them and want them be together as a team again, seems to be working on me, and I found myself thinking several times that “if the team dragon had gotten this patient…” etc. The drama is good, and it is getting better by the years, because you have this group of people focusing on the patients and doing their best, and greatly enough they like being together. So this is about them trying their best with their patients… Simply put.
I really good watch, and I love medical dramas, which must be why I am so biased.

☆☆☆☆ / 4 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥½ / 3½ out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment