21 April 2014

Prime Minister and I Review

Title: Prime Minister and I
Genre: Romance, Comedy, Family
Episodes: 17
Broadcast period: 2013-Dec yo 2014-Feb
Cast: Lee Bum Soo, Im Yoon Ah, Yoon Shi Yoon, Chae Jung Ah and Ryu Jin.

Kwon Yool (Lee Bum Soo) is a single father of three children and the candidate for the Prime Minister post of the Republic of Korea. Quite famous for being a good man and a great Politian, everyone seems to be interested in him. The news as well as the gossip magazines all have an interest in him: one of them is Scandal News. Working as a reporter there Nam Da Jung (Im Yoon Ah) is a perky woman who is forced to find out about the love life of the Prime Minister - basically making a scandal.
After several tries and failing all, she by accident meets Kwon Yools youngest son, and while taking him home is misunderstood by Kwon Yool and scolded. This scene is taken from a different angle and the next day blown out of proportion saying that the Prime Minster is having a relationship. In order to save her but also him, Da Jung declares that they are a couple, which temporarily saves them both.
But due to the nature of the Korean people and the pressure from the political parties, they both decide to make a contract marriage…

Okay, so I wasn’t really expecting much more than the typical nanny-boss love story (just made the roles different) and I was actually looking forward to a family drama, but somehow it didn’t really make me that happy. I mean the most I remember of this drama is Da Jung fighting the other rich women, the entire ‘secret’ which I kind of figured out a long the 6th episodes, the second lead and his “manipulation for (lousy) revenge” and lastly the feud between the father and the brother-in-law. Though when I spend a bit more time to think small scenes do appear, some where I laughed a lot, others where I was touched, but overall it didn’t really leave me with an impression… and the ending just ruined the good feel with a useless cliché.
I don’t want to spoil anything, but it kind of felt ‘pressed’ as if they were trying to make an old type Korean drama, with a little fif of a cool woman and a prime minister…
So: to watch or not to watch? Well I won’t say it’s a complete loss to watch, even if I don’t remember much of the 17 episodes I have watched…

☆☆☆½ / 3½ out of 5 stars

♥♥♥½ / 3½ out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment