03 May 2019

The Guest Review

Title: The Guest
AKA: Hand / Son
Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Suspense
Episodes: 16
Broadcast period: 2018-Sept to 2018-Nov
Cast: Kim Dong Wook, Kim Jae Wook and Jung Eun Chae.

When he was a child, Yoon Hwa Pyung (Kim Dong Wook) was possessed by a superior ghost. The possession led to the deaths of many people, accidently involving the brother of a priest who tried to exorcise him, Choi Yoon, and the daughter of a police woman who tried to help, Kang Gil Young.
As a grown up, Hwa Pyung is able to see ghosts, which he believes is because of the possession. He meets Priest Choi (Kim Jae Wook), while trying to find the superior ghost, Sohn, he believes is still out there creating havoc. And he meets police woman Kang Gil Young (Jung Eun Chae), who wants to find her mothers murderer. The three get involved in an exorcism, and soon they realize that they are all the children, victims of Sohn, the ghost that had possessed Hwa Pyung, repossessed Yoons brother, and killed Gil Youngs mother. At first, the three are at odds, but when they witness more than just one abnormal case of ghosts, they soon form an alliance…

Sorry for the weird summary, I recommend watching the trailer…
Dear lord! This is by far one of my favorite dramas, ever! I loved every single thing about this - maybe not the “Son” background story, but it was still pretty amazing. I loved the cast, their chemistry, and the entire build up. It had me guessing the entire time, and I loved every minute it. I can retell the entire drama, because I was taking every minute in. I was on the edge of my seat, and I enjoyed it. The plot was very intriguing, as in how and what, which has scary moments, but not the classic ones. It was very refreshing to see a different type of storyline - that wasn’t cliché. Likewise, the fact that there wasn’t a love story, made it so much better.
All in all, 100% recommend to people that like suspense, but also those who want to try a very different genre.

☆☆☆☆☆ / 5 out 5 stars

♥♥♥♥♥ / 5 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment