29 August 2015

Oh My Ghostess Review

Title: Oh My Ghostess
AKA: Oh My Ghost
Genre: Fantasy, Romance
Episodes: 16
Broadcast Period: Jul-2015 to Aug-2015
Cast: Park Bo Young, Jo Jung Suk, Im Joo Hwan, Kim Seul Gi, Park Jung Ah, Shin Hye Sun, Kang Ki Young, Kwak Shi Yang

Na Bong Sun (Park Bo Young) has an extremely timid personality and low self-esteem, doesn't have any close friends, and is constantly getting reprimanded at her job as an assistant chef at Sun Restaurant. She also occasionally sees ghosts, thanks to a shaman grandmother. One day, Bong Sun gets possessed by a lustful virgin ghost named Shin Soon Ae (Kim Seul Gi). To make up for the lack of romance in her short life and believing that only by losing her virginity will she be able to "resolve her grudge" and move on to the afterlife. Soon Ae is determined to seduce as many men as she can by possessing various women, and she finds the perfect vessel in Bong Sun. Bong Sun's boss is arrogant star chef Kang Sun Woo (Jo Jung Suk), whom she secretly has a crush on.

OMG ~ ! I loved this so much! This is the first drama in a long time that I have been truly excited about watching the next episode. Overall, I really enjoyed this drama (clearly), and though there were spots that made me worry or could have been handled better, mostly in terms of the consent issues, it was a well-rounded drama. The murder-mystery part was intriguing, and played out nicely, and the end of that arc felt right too. The chemistry at the restaurant between the 'family' was just so nice and enjoyable, one of the highlights! The romance was delightful, and I’m glad it ended up the way it did. I was worried there for a while… Chef’s reactions were totally reasonable, I think. I LOVE Jo Jung Suk and he was fantastic in this, as he usually is in his dramas, and Park Bo Young was just adorable as the lead character. Kim Seul Gi was wonderful as the ghost. I really loved how this drama was made and the actors were all too good. I’m going to miss this one a lot.

☆☆☆☆☆ / 5 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥♥♥ / 5 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment