19 November 2017

The Chaser Review

Title: The Chaser
Genre: Action, Thriller
Episodes: 16
Broadcast period: 2012-May to 2012-Jul
Cast: Son Hyun Joo, Kim Sang Joong, Kim Sung Ryung, Ko Joon Hee and Ryu Seung Soo.

Baek Hong Seok (Son Hyun Joo) is a senior cop, and devoted father and husband. His life takes a drastic turn when his daughter is killed in a hit-and-run accident. At first, he believes in the system, and helps the police find the murderer PK Jun, a famous idol, but soon enough the powerful start their play. After he reveals that the actual murderer is Seo Ji Soo (Kim Sung Ryung) daughter of a wealthy CEO, and wife of the famous politician Kang Dong Yoon (Kim Sang Joong), Hong Seok realizes that the system is rigged against him.
He decides to take law into his own hands, but unfortunately, he ends up killing PK Jun, and he now must run for his life, and at the same time prove who killed his daughter…

I’m not sure of you can guess from the review, but this is one of those about a fugitive trying to fight ‘the big guys’. I’m generally a fan of those, which you probably noticed in my previous reviews with the same genre. Compared to others this one is really sad, and quite realistic, but I got to say I was bored a lot - not because it lacks action and all that, but because of all the “planning” and (I guess you can call it) politics. I watched this a few weeks ago, but I can’t remember much, which means that it really didn’t leave much of an impact sadly. I tend to like those things, but somehow this just didn’t cut it. Besides the two leads, and some acting of the supporting cast, most of this drama is average - including some of the intense scenes.
Besides that, the drama is a good and very sad drama, about not only the realism of power and corruption, but also what actually happens if you decide to do what he did at the end… no spoilers haha!
All in all, a fine drama, but I guess I just wasn’t in the mood for…?

☆☆☆½ / 3½ out of 5 stars

♥♥♥ / 3 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment