14 March 2016

Ghost-seeing Detective Cheo Yong 2 Review

Title: Ghost-seeing Detective Cheo Yong 2
AKA: Cheo Yong 2 / Cheo Yong Season 2
Genre: Police, Fantasy, Mystery, Crime
Episodes: 10
Broadcast period: 2015-Aug to 2015-Oct
Cast: Oh Ji Ho, Jun Hyo Sung and Ha Yoon Joo.

After the team was split last time, the chief director decides to put the old team back together again: this time with Jung Ha Yeon (Ha Yeon Joo) an ambitious and potent female detective. Being aware of his abilities everyone looks at Cheo Yong (Oh Ji Ho) to solve most of the cases, but they are all unaware that Na Young (Jun Hyo Sung) is still there – and occasionally possesses Ha Yeon’s body.
They are given the hardest cases – the ones that are hard to crack – but there seems to be a bigger case underneath, which only the chief director and Ha Yeon seem to know. That appears to be the main reason for the reuniting the team. What is really going on?

I apologize for the short summary, but the entire drama is not that exciting. I don’t remember much of the first one, but I do remember I liked it; the stories at least. This season (season 2) really left me without much impression. No that it was bad, but I have no idea why they spent so much time and money on this one. They stories are getting a bit typical, and I really dislike when the main actor/actress is perfect (like Code Blue). It ruins the entire idea of teamwork and team as a general. Though I liked the new characters, and I sort of found the climax good, I have to admit it felt a bit long.
I wouldn’t say I recommend it, but if you liked season 1, this one is a little upgrade from that – but not much.

☆☆☆ / 3 out of 5 stars

♥♥½ / 2½ out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment