01 March 2014

Who Are You Review

Title: Who are you?
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Horror, Melodrama, Mystery, Thriller, Action
Episodes: 16
Broadcast period: 2013-Jul to 2013-Sept
Cast: So Yi Hyun, Ok Taecyeon and Kim Jae Wook.

While on an undercover mission Yang Si Ohn (So Yi Hyun) hears gunshots and runs to aid her partner and boyfriend Lee Hyung Joon (Kim Jae Wook), whom she in horror sees being shot. When she is seen she is hit and becomes unconscious.
After spending 6 years in a coma Si Ohn wakes up, not remembering a single thing of that event, nor her boyfriend. Even after spending several months in recovery she still isn’t able to feel comfortable with herself. But she noticed one thing: she is able to see people no one else sees. Not only is she the only one able to see them, but she sees them in the state they died in which most of the time makes her scream out in horror. When she is assigned to the lost and found unit, she is assigned the role as the team leader, much to Cha Gun Woo’s (Ok Taecyeon) annoyance.
While working she is visited by ghosts who want her help, and as time goes on Gun Woo gets more and more curious about how she is able to know thing without any form of evidence…

I had a hard time watching this drama because of the way the story was going, but luckily it didn’t as I expected. The drama is okay, kind of interesting in sorts, and also kind of confusing, but I wouldn’t say that it was all that thrilling. I sort of knew where the ‘twist’ was going to come and was rather bored with it. Besides that I expected it to be draggy, but it was pretty okay, even though I yelled “Come on!” most of the time. Also, this is my very first time actually liking the lead actress with both supporting actor and lead actor.
This is my third drama (I think?) with Taecyeon, and compared to the one I do remember this was pretty great. I actually found myself thinking he had improved. I didn’t mind the main actress before, kind of do now. I think it has to do with her facial expressions so very often, but I can’t really put my finger on it.
All in all the drama is okay, little better than your usual melodrama, even though it comes pretty close.

☆☆☆☆ / 4 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥½ / 3½ out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment