19 April 2013

You're My Pet Movie Review


Title: You're my pet
Genre: romance, comedy
Origin: South Korea
Release date: 10 nov. 2011
Cast: Kim Ha Neul, Jang Geun Suk, Ryu Tae Joon, Jeong Yu Mi, Kang Ha Neul, Choi Jong Hun, Kang Hae In . . .

Ji Eun Yi (Kim Ha Neul) is a succesful and independant young woman. You would think that this is great, but not so much in this society. The reason? Not many men want to have a relationship with such a strong woman. Eun Yi lives alone, focuses on her job and doesn't have much social life. One day on her way home, she sees a big box outside in the rain. She sees that the box is moving and approaches it. Inside the box she finds a young man, all dreanched and uncounsious. She drags him inside her home and takes care of him, until he awakens. As a joke she tells him to be her pet. And the young man, Kang In Ho (Jang Geun Suk) accepts as in reality he doesn't have any place to stay. As her pet, In Ho will get both shelter and food, all he needs to do is show her affection like a true pet.

This is a remake of the japanese movie, which is based on a manga. I watched the japanese version long time ago, only because it was starring Matsumoto Jun. But I must admit, I liked this version better. Not that sure why, but it was just better. This one I again mostly watched because of Jang Geun Suk, oh silly silly me.. ehmm ehmm.. anyway. It is a really fun movie actually, and I think it was somehow better done than the japanese version. Now it is pretty long time since I watched both movies, but thats just the feel it left. I dont remember much about what was bad about it. I think the korean version is more silly, the japanese version is more serious. The korean had much more comedy in it, funny scenes, and it wasn't that tensed as the japanese. It was a relaxed comedy. yup.

☆☆☆☆  / 4 out of 5 stars

♥♥♥♥ / 4 out of 5 hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment